Monday, January 14, 2013

whole new world - Before & After

I have opened up a whole new world - Before & After.  
Wow, what possibilities!  What fun!  
I have done photo shop work to my photos in the past, but that was already long ago and it's come a long way since.
I have yet not discovered the LightRoom only because my Mac is an old version and was not able to support the software.  I've seen beautiful photography on Pintrest and works of so many talented and creative photographers out there, and I wished I had the the tool.  Well, it turned out that it wasn't very difficult (or very expensive) to upgrade my Mac.  I had the Mountain Lion (ver. 10.5.8) which I purchased in 2007.  First, that needed to be upgraded to the Snow Leopard (ver. 10.6.8).  That was done with a software disc purchased with a phone call and for $19.99.  Very simple.  Next, my old Mac had just 1GB of memory (RAM, they called it).  I needed to upgrade to 4GB which would allow more memory space for all of the pictures I am about to process and store.  Two 2GB of RAM chips were purchased for $100 and arrived by FedEx in just couple of days.  I was little intimidated with the instruction on installing the chips at first, but eventually found my way to googling "how to install RAM on mac" and there it was.  On YouTube, a guy's voice on a video and showing exactly how he is installing it.  I just had to follow it.  Wow, what a wonderful world we live in.  I am googling how to self install computer chips, how to fix a garbage disposal, and I confess, I have even googled second grader's homework.   

So here it is.  I played in the LightRoom this afternoon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment