Wednesday, January 23, 2013

{our homework}

This is how Megan feels about homework - kind of bored and uninterested.  I sat her down at the dinning table to do homework today just before it got really dark.  It's been overcasted and dark most of the day and the light that was coming from outside was especially low today.  I wanted to practice on my low-light, no-flash photography skills, so I sat her down facing the large patio glass door on the north side.  Megan does her math homework while I do mine (taking pictures of her in manual mode).  



f 1.8 / 1/60 / ISO 1000


My second graders is now learning fractions (as in shutter speed).
Megan was relatively still so I was able to shoot at f 1.8 which allowed more light and gave great depth of field.  I started out at ISO 800 but still needed more light which then worked my way upto ISO 1000.  It did make the image more grainier.  At the end, I still had to adjust the exposure increased slightly by +0.65 and minor adjustments.  Well, that was my homework for today.  Practice, practice, and more practice!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment