Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a new beginning

My love for photography started with the birth of my daughter 17 years ago.  Oh, she was so beautiful!  I couldn't take my eyes off of her.  I didn't want to miss a single moment.  I wanted to capture and hold on to the time that seemed to fly by.  Most of the days have gone so fast and my memories have faded away.  Thank goodness for the camera!  The digital age didn't come until my second child was born 10 years later.  The cost of the film and the processing adds to thousands and more.... but no amount of money can buy the moments captured in pictures.  I realized the photographs were my prized possession when we had a fire at the house few years back, the very first thing I grabbed (and went back in couple more times before the fire trucks arrived) were the photo albums and the scrap books. 

It is the memories you have shared together that keeps the families and friends, and at the end it is those memories of your loved ones that you take with you and that keeps you alive.
So make wonderful memories, take lots of pictures in your mind, in your heart...and take plenty on your camera just in case your memory fades (and with the digital cameras, we can click away to our hearts content).

I wish I was a writer...but I am not.  And you may already have guessed, English is not my first language.  I will make tons of grammatical errors, and I will stumble for the right words, but here I begin my new journey, I dream a dream.  I hope to grow and adventure as a person, as a woman, as a mother of two beautiful daughters....and as a photographer (and this is brand new - a blogger).  

So this is a new beginning.  I hope to create beautiful images of my personal and professional life.  Happy new year to you and wish you a new beginning as well!  




I went for a little "me" time to reflect and "detox" my soul as I watched the first sunset of the year.  (I would have preferred a sun rise to mark the beginning but, I'm in the west coast.)  As I stood there, the clouds and the light changed giving different colors and the moods to the sky and the water.







This land was the ocean floor at one point in time.  Now there are beautiful houses with an amazing view.






No comments:

Post a Comment